Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Another '80s music flashback blog post

All these flashbacks to Prince Charles and Lady Diana's wedding and videos of the royal couple with a little Prince William have gotten me thinking about the 1980s again, particularly the music I listened to back then (which, if you follow this blog, was a lot of British New Wave and techno pop). My favorite radio station? WLIR, 92.7. And these were some of my favorite bands and singers (all of which, I believe, were British or Scottish... hmm...).

First up, Thomas Dolby, whose song "Europa and the Pirate Twins" made me a huge Thomas Dolby fan...



I was also a big fan of the Eurythmics. Interestingly, I was driving with my daughter the other day and "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" was on the radio and she wanted to know who this cool new band was (I am paraphrasing). Proof that everything old or 1980s is new again.



And look what I just stumbled on on YouTube, Blancmange's "Living on the Ceiling"! I'm so small, I'm so small...



Which led me to Bananarama's "Really Saying Something."



Which led me to.... I could go on and on, but I think that's enough 1980s music for one blog post. If you want to see and hear more, check out my other 1980s music posts (by clicking on the link). And as always, please share some of your favorite 1980s musical memories in the Comments.

Seriously, what did we do before YouTube? (Also, I miss my MTV -- the MTV that used to only play music videos not show these crappy "reality" shows.)

No comments:

Post a Comment